Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Sun vs. Cancer - Is Sunscreen the answer?

Found this cool article on how the sun affects our bodies. It's something I've been thinking about lately, and I agree with the guys at paleodietblog on this one. It's a shame that me and the sun don't get along and I have to wear sunscreen or I'll be sun burnt for 5 days afterwards.

Which brings an interesting point, it sounds like we are reverse evolving. Our ancestors must have been able to withstand the sun, as they were in it all day with no sun screen. Over the generations of being inside for the large part of the day, and more recently (turn of the century) the wearing of sunscreen, our bodies can no longer handle the sun.

Check the following link for a more in depth analysis on why sun screen maybe the cause of cancer, and why our bodies need the sun.

http://www.paleodietonline.com/2007/11/sun-friend-or-foe.html

1 comment:

Robert Nichols said...

Great blog, great information

Xango